In view of a recent article entitled "While Malaysia Fiddles, Its Opportunities Are Running Dry" penned by Michael Backman while sparked much furore, here is what I got to say. I am absolutely supportive of what Michael Backman has written. There are too many controversial matters that exist and what most would term as "Waste". And I do stand up to the fact that we as citizens of Malaysia are not to comment on how our country is run....Sigh!!!! I understand why most people couldnt care less coz ultimately there is nothing we can do about it even having fret, whined and complained.On a separate matter, being a regular reader of The Stars, I do feel that it has somewhat turned into a "Moral" paper...frequenting news on 'Unity' and 'Advisory' issues to the Rakyat. A lot of which I do not categorise as News. Recent headlines on "speeding up developments" are somewhat frustating. Are those merely line of orders??? Or have some strategic system or regulations implemented to improve management of the projects??? Honestly, I would love to hear news on improvements in our standard of living in Malaysia. Not like the NYE gift of increased toll rates to welcome 2007....Jeez!!!!Anyway do spend some time reading the articles in Michael Backman's webpage. I am very amused by how much he understands Malaysia Land which often spells the Truth. Silence is not golden after all!!!! Apologies for saying so about my own country but this is how its viewed. And for those who have not read any of the articles, do visit www.michaelbackman.com
Can any of you imagine if Malaysia has an author like Michael Moore???
Also such thoughts shouldnt be appearing in blogs as I know there is a government committee set up to screen through blogs that may provoke racial or unrest matters in Malaysia. I dont know how they do it but do be Wary!!! Hmm...I dont mind being paid to read someone elses blogs all day!!!
2 comments:
we do have a michael moore in malaysia - me thinks he might be insulted tho. ;) spent 20 years in exile and 2 years under ISA detention and now back here.
neeways. yups - recent umno general assembly makes me wonder sometimes why i bother. I love my Malaysia. sigh.
ditch the star. read the sun instead. excellent editorials - they don't kow-tow. Who owns the papers makes a huge difference. check out the columns section ;)
life will never be GOOD if you're against the govt. what's his name?
ok will read thru the sun and see how it is....
Post a Comment