19 September 2006

Day #8: Monza - Milan - London

On Day 8, today is our Last Day of our Summer Vacation!!!! Not a good start to begin with, as I didn’t get much sleep. It was Warm in the room as we only had a small opening for our window, heard mosquitoes and also Dion’s Snore!!! Dat wasn’t too bad as it was nearly Morning oredi!!!! Got up about 8plus and went for breakfast with Dion. The breakfast was very ordinary, just bread, croissants and coffee. Bad thing is they didn’t replenish the food, so had to make do with whatever that’s left. Good thing…the girlz skipped breakfast for more sleeps. We should have done that too!!!! Checked out from the hotel but left our rucksack with them until evening.
* ...Breakfast Corner... *
* ...Me & Dionz Servings... *
So having a full day in Milan, we decided to make a trip to Monza for the F1 circuit. Monza is just 10mins train ride from Milan Central Station. Got there, walked around Monza city centre, the town is pretty quiet for a Saturday and some of the shops were even closed. I was so un-spirited that day, feeling very Blur and Tired!!! We had a quick lunch in a small café, just normal pasta. Then Dion led the way to the circuit, which was a 10mins bus ride from the centre. Got there and found out the circuit is closed…Shucks!!! A week later is Monza F1, so I supposed they closed the circuit for testing. Just took pictures from the outside and left.
* ...Fooling at the Station... *
* ...Train Ride... *
* ...Monza Town... *
* ...The Cathedral... *
* ...Mine: Arrabiata & Amyz: Seafood Risotto... *
* ...Dionz: Lasagne & WanLiz: Carbonara... *
* ...Monza Park... *
* ...F1 Circuit Entrance... *
* ...F1 Circuit... *
* ...Picture A Must... *
* ...9th Group Photo in Monza (Wat Is he Takin???)... *
Got the train back to Milan and more shopping then. Walk around other shopping streets that we have not been yet. Until about 6pm, we went for a quick dinner near our hotel. We were rushing through dinner to make it for the aero-bus. I think the restaurant didn’t quite like our attitude, not respecting their food and service. Our flight is 10pm, need to check in by 8pm and the bus to Milan Bergamo airport is an hour ride. So we have to catch the 7pm bus. It was a pretty uneventful day!!! I think this is the most boring day of the trip, probably its also because we knew we are going BACK. But I’m sure we wouldn’t know where else to go or what to do if we have another day in Milan. So better off we go…Back to London!!!
* ...Mine: Bolognese... *
* ...Dionz: Carbonara... *
* ...Amyz: Lasagne... *
* ...WanLiz: Milanese Risotto... *
* ...Aero Bus... *
* ...Milan Bergamo Airport... *
* ...Flight Back...Now Be HAppy... *
* ...Back to Amy&Dion's Place... *
Our wonderful vacation has come to an END…BooHoo…I want One More!!! I haven’t got enough of visiting Europe yet. This is my second long vacation in Europe for year 2006. The first was a 8days trip during Easter to Venice – Verona and Barcelona with my mommy and sis. And now this!!! Honestly, I really like this trip. I felt there was a good combination of everything, from harbourside towns to metropolitan and from beach side to hill side. We got through the hustle bustle of city life to relaxing laidback days at the beach and back to nature sort. So far I have been doing a lot of city visits, which can be boring, visiting cathedrals, museums and etc. I have always wanted to do a scenic vacation like this one. So thank you all…Amy for making this happen, Dion for all the quality driving and WanLi for the sightseeings. Thank you for tolerating with my horrible navigation in Italy, setting a new trend at roundabouts from now…Hahahaha!!! (you guys know wat I mean if you’re reading this). It was Superb and Absolutely Fantastic travelling with the three of you…Intoxicating and Stuffing ourselves…Hope we can do this again Somewhere Sometime soon. Thanks a Million!!!! I will remember this….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAaaawww...no more summer trip photos...but no doubt, it has been fun to follow ur posts on ur summer trip...lots of food...pasta, rissoto, seafood, meat, meat, meat...seafood, seafood, seafood...hahaha...I want an eurotrip too :(

I initially had an Italy trip in mind for next April with my sis, but it has been cancelled...no money $$$...boo hoo!!!...

~@~