18 August 2006

Summer BBQ 2006

Summer is over...BooHoo!!! Its Autumn now. Not until I'm here that I know that seasons in Europe are actually different from southern hemisphere. Summer is from May-July, Autumn is Aug-Oct and so on. But somehow I feel the actual season sets in really late....feels more like a month later. Anyway its still too early to call Autumn. Prefer to say Late Summer...Haha!!! In fact, it has been raining for the past few days here, normally its wet in autumn but the breeze and temperature still feels GooD!!! This summer in Cork was FanTasTic, better than last year. We had plenty of sunshine and good temperature...max 26!!! In London, its hot and humid but I dont remember sweating much in Ireland tho...that's how good it is....but because of that, you get burnt easily under the sun!!! Overall, I had a GReAT summer...and of course with such nice weather, BBQs are everywhere. This year I had 5 BBQs....3 in London and 2 in Cork....and they were all So GooD!!!! Here are some pictures to share....
First BBQ in Cork was with my colleagues during the World Cup month over at Jill's place....its the night Brazil lost 1 nil to France....Haha!!! Sorry I dont support Brazil!!! Jill had a pit run on Gas...so it was quick. There was plenty of food especially drinks, which last us till 4am. I remember walking home and it was nearly bright...Uhh...I hate that feeling!!!
* This is not wat it looks like....It was Brazil!!! *

* ...Tim...More FireWooD please... *

* ...Padraig & Alan....There you Go, Dats How Its Done *

* Now....Burn AwaY ... *

* ...Paul Mesmerised... *

* Big BonFire at Jill's Backyard.....????? *

* Happy Family.....Jill and her Hubby Hannes and Wiley (I think) *

* Meet Padraig *

* Big Smiles...Paul, Jill and Kevin *

* Stephen....Padraig....Madonna *

* Hannes & Kevin....Alwayz LooKinG HaPPy!!! *

* ...Me & Paul... *

The second BBQ was a summer event by the company. Last year it was at a beach with a nice cosy pub restaurant next to it. Had a bit of beach fun before dinner and drinks in the pub which overlooks the sea...the view was a BeauTy!!! But this year the venue is different, overlooking the golf course....in a Golf Club!!! So no beach Fun...just Drink, Eat and Drink somemore!!! Reached the club abt 6pm, had a few pre-drinks while waiting for food at 7pm. After food, the committee organised a table quiz, which I tot was really FuN!!! They had questions on history to geography, sports to movies to music to cartoons as well as Alcohol!!! The party last till abt 12am when the bus came to pick us up again...

* ....Paul, Liam and Me... *

* My American coll....Scott & his wife Linda *

* Kevin wif Stephen & Madonna (from the Land of Downunder) *

* Table Quiz time....The Office Young Lads: Alan, Tadgh and Padraig *

* Fiona our Environmental Scientist wif her BF *

* Jill & Paul (our Landscape Team) *

* Joanna (M&E technician) & Victoria (Water Engineer) *

* Donal, Me and Liam (The Road Guys) *

* Another Baldy Dave wif Fiona and Aileen *

* Padraig, Sean, Donal, Tadgh and Roslyn *

* Paul, Kalvin, Alan and Aileen *

* Me and Hannes....Feeling Tipsy oredi....Hehe!!! *

There were two BBQs at MayTiem's place this summer. Her house is perfect for summer coz there's a nice garden behind...I LoVe it!!! The first was wif TC's frens (her housemate) and second was wif the London Bunch. Sorry, didnt snap any pics over the first BBQ. But both BBQs were good and the weather was excellent. We could hang out outside till 10pm and its still bright. Drinks were plenty from beer to cider to spirits... most were feeling Tipsy!!! Food was enough to last coz everyone whipped up some special dishes and brought over. More like a pot luck BBQ party and this was the one we overdose on SauSages!!!

* ....The Boyz at Nice Garden.... *

* Card Games wif Dion, TC, Me, Joe and Alfred *

* The BBQ boyz.... Max, Kelvin and Wayne *

* Queens of the House MayTiem & Sylvia....Behind: Kim's Dad & Fren Joined Us too *

* New Frens...Engineers Hongki Tonks!!! *

* ...Nice Group Pic... *

* ...Even Better... *

* ... Jason & CK Enjoying their FooD... *

* ...MayTiem, Sylvia & Lisa... *

* ...Now EnjoYing TheiR DrUnK Talk... *

* MayTiem, Me & Kim (Tell me do we look like hair regrowth ad...Before & After???) *

To be continue.....Next Summer!!!! Hope you like the pics.....Cheers!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey fruitcake!
That's BILLY not REILLY (or "Wiley", whoever that is) in that photo of me & the Mr.! Heheheheh :-D

Nice review of the summer. We'll always remember the Great BBQ of '06 when we see the big black charcoal burn on our deck. ROFLMAO
jill

~ VinnY ~ said...

Hahaha...I know this will come. Somehow it was Wiley in my head, but at least I got the 'ly' right! Yup...the memorable dark spot in ur backyard!!! next summer bigger patch to come!!!

Anonymous said...

well seems like you had a pretty awesome summer!!! i can see how you'd miss it. so how about planning for an absolutely awesome fall!??! partiesssssssss indoorsssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ VinnY ~ said...

yeah will do...definitely indoors when it turns cold again..BooHoo!!!